Sunday, February 26, 2012

Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?

Just a theory about the personality types who automatically deny the existence of man-made environmental problems. Actually, more than a theory, but I'd like to stay objective here.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?By and large the deniers are people who don鈥檛 actually understand much about the climate 鈥?hence you鈥檒l very rarely find they answer questions that require any degree of comprehension about the climate (even if it鈥檚 got nothing at all to do with global warming). To demonstrate this point, pick some questions at random that actually require some climatic knowledge, and look at how few the skeptics and deniers have been able to answer.



It appears they have a believe that they do know about the climate, and presumably they think they are sufficiently knowledgeable to form an objective opinion on the matter. Sadly it is only too apparent that they don鈥檛 know enough to form an educated opinion.



Another problem is that denialism, by it鈥檚 very nature, precludes the deniers from recognising that they are afflicted by this psychological condition. As a consequence there is a distinct lack of objectivity or rationality, something that is quite apparent to any neutral person but not to the deniers themselves.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?
"Another problem is that denialism, by it鈥檚 very nature, precludes the deniers from recognising that they are afflicted by this psychological condition. As a consequence there is a distinct lack of objectivity or rationality, something that is quite apparent to any neutral person but not to the deniers themselves."



In a fairly ironic twist, this statement might actually apply to the person who made it. As a matter of fact, people who accuse other people of having some sort of "condition" often have that very condition.



By the way, I believe there are many man made environmental problems and I do eat animals. I know that kinda knocks your theory but your theory might need modifications to become more accurate.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?There is a certain lifestyle attributed to global warming denialism. As I'm sure everyone is aware of people such as Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh spout propaganda promoting global warming denialism. These people are in the mainstream right wing media and people listen to them and believe them regardless if they are telling the truth or not. These are the same people who don't trust science, believe evolution does not exist, are religious, are all for killing more animals and polluting the environment for human advancement. Note that this is a generalization and am fully aware that not everyone of their listeners believes like this. However you begin to get some sort of picture what these types of people think.



Andy: 1ppm is equal to roughly 7.7 gigatonnes of CO2.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?
It is a joke to counter PC whining. Skeptics are generally people that probably get the joke. Those that don't probably don't realize that it isn't about the animals.



More than a theory but somehow not confirmed in the real world. Sounds like a religion or a doomsday cult to me. In science, not being confirmed means it ranks as unconfirmed speculation at best.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?For the most part, we also tend to be engineers or free thinkers. I mean, all I had to do was actually read the IPCC reports and see the large amount of unproven assumptions that they make. Then they change units on you mid report from ppm to megatons with no conversion factor to compare the two dissimilar units. I could go on, but most AGW supporters will support this position no matter what. They also do every thing that they condemn deniers of doing but since it pushes their agenda it is fine.



Saying all of this, I still believe that we are warming up from the little ice age that started about 900 years ago and ended sometime in the mid 1800's.
I must admit, that sounds like something I've said before. I also like those "PETA Peaple Eating Tasty Animals" bumper stickers.



I'm not a global warming denier, I know our climate is warm and getting warmer, I know that we wouldn't be here today if our climate weren't warm, although it'd be nice if we still had Wooly mammoths, they were probably pretty tasty. Which brings up a question, do you think most AGW believers also believe that a few thousand cavemen hunted them all down, or would global warming, I mean climate change, err global climate disruption be a more plausable reason?



Do you find it odd that people who don't eat meat love to buy vegetable products that are processed to taste like meat?Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?
First of all I will answer your question. The answer is NO!



Many of your responders are right. Because I accept the science of global warming and I believe that we need to take action I am labeled a "Leftist." What? I thought that a leftist was a person who favored gay marriage and abortion. What do gay marriage and abortion have to do with global warming?



Then along comes C-Tech. Because I eat meat, I am now a global warming denier.
Oh joy! We are about to be pigeonholed...again. Let's see...

We are obsessed with Limbaugh

We are obsessed with Beck

We believe everything FOX news feeds us.

We are right wingnut christian zealots.

We are too stupid, to understand the science.



And now what? We are also smartasses?



I thought I did answer it, I'm a smartass.Are global-warming-deniers the same types of people who say "I love animals......they're delicious!"?
They are more like Creationists who ignore empirical evidence and dismiss science as either flawed or false.
Personality types who are alarmists: gullible, leftist, and did I mention gullible.
Absolutely NOT! Not all animals are delicious...just most!
Typical stereotyping and prejudice too. And liberals are supposed to be tolerant .
Yeah, ***-holes
I think we're more like the people who say, "You can take my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"
Way to generalize. You're no better than they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment