Sunday, February 26, 2012

How is global terrorism bad publicity for the wine industry?

I have a project due Thursday and according to my paper harmful effects of alcohol, global terrorism and overeating are bad publicity for wine sells. I have to figure out what arousal motives would best help address in solving the problems mentioned above. (physiological, emotional, cognitive, or environmental) The biggest problem is that I'm not sure why global terrorism is bad publicity for wine. I've tried asking him but he says it's up to use to work out the project on our own. None of the people in my group could figure it out ether. We're lost.How is global terrorism bad publicity for the wine industry?This isn't bad publicity for the wine industry - but it is a way that terrorism has negatively effected the wine industry.



Ever since 9/11 there has been the ban on bringing liquids onto airplanes in your carry-ons. So now, all wine that goes on a plane goes in checked bags. Or you need to ship it. This makes it much less appealing for someone from Cleveland to make a trip to Sonoma since they could no longer carry a half-case of wine safely on board with them.



It also makes it really hard for wine marketers. They'd want to meet with a distributor and have them try a few wines and they don't have an easy, cheap way to bring them along.



I'll think about this a little more - maybe something will pop into my head - what a weird assignment ;DHow is global terrorism bad publicity for the wine industry?My guesses on why global terrorism is bad for wine:

No one wants to visit a wine-producing country if there is a State Department warning.

An eco-terrorist group might decide to destroy a winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment