Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eye sign problems: My daughter has 20:80 eyesight. Is this genetic, eyestrain from close reading or both?

Is bad eye sight inherited, or are their environmental factors that cause it (or both)? Can I use laser surgery and/or organic diet to help her sight improve or is the damage done.



NOTE: I'm meeting an eye doctor but want to be as informed as possible so I'm not just a sitting duck in his office. Peace and loveEye sign problems: My daughter has 20:80 eyesight. Is this genetic, eyestrain from close reading or both?More important than the vision is to know the prescription. You can have 20/80 with hyperopia or when you have lazy eye (amblyopia) each has different causes and treatments.

How old is she ?

Do you have more info? Was this vision obtained form a school screening?Eye sign problems: My daughter has 20:80 eyesight. Is this genetic, eyestrain from close reading or both?I have heard many different opinions on the subject. Some people are genetically predisposed to nearsightedness, making it very likely to get it even when doing a small amount of close work, while others can do large amounts of close work without any vision problems whatsoever. However, close work definitely does have an impact on the development of vision problems. I haven't heard anything about the impacts of an organic diet on eye problems, but I know that laser surgery is effective, although it is somewhat risky. I have heard stories of people you have depth perception problems or even prismatic vision after surgery, while others come out fine. You might want to discuss risk versus benefit with your doctor. Good luck :)Eye sign problems: My daughter has 20:80 eyesight. Is this genetic, eyestrain from close reading or both?Vision is genetic. Lasik surgery is only performed on adults with stable vision for at least 2 yrs. As far as I have been told there are not diets that will help. Again, because it is genetic. It might not be her vision. It could be her perception. There is something called a perceptual testing. This determines if what the child is sees, is transmitted to her brain correctly. If not, there is something called visual therapy that will help with that. Ask ur doc for more info.
  • traffic cameras
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment