Friday, January 27, 2012

How would I convert a 72 Westfalia Camper to run on E85?

I plan on buying a Volkswagen camper to restore relatively soon. In it's current state, it's about 95% complete...it's not running yet. I figure, I want to convert it to run on E85 fuel, with Economy and money aside, once Cellulose Ethanol is widely available, it's much better for the environment (I understand that Corn Ethanol brings it's own various environmental problems).How would I convert a 72 Westfalia Camper to run on E85?The air-cooled volkswagen engine is not friendly to the environment. That's why they stopped importing them into the US in 1974.How would I convert a 72 Westfalia Camper to run on E85?I doubt very much this could be done economically or otherwise and would also be pointless anyway as this is a dirty, inefficient motor with lots of obsolete technology. To get modern cars to run on E85 requires extensive computer reprogramming and internal modifications. The Type IV motor doesn't even have a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment