Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I need help with a problem for my Environmental Bio class!?

Calculate how many liters %26amp; gallons of water are wasted in one year by a toilet that leaks two drops of water person second. (1L= 3500 drops, 1L= .265 gallons



A toilet is usually leaking 250 gallons per day before you can actually hear the leak. Will you hear a leak in the above situation?



Please let me know what you did to figure it out! Thanks! :)I need help with a problem for my Environmental Bio class!?If a toilet leak's that much water inside of the house in one day on the floor, most house's would be destroyed. You might have meant inside the toilet tank.,and yes you will hear the sound of the toilet trying to fill itself. Not all toilet area's are uncarpeted though. Indoor noise level's also determen ease of sound detection. Even carpeted would be no more than 1 gallon of water in a quite home ,allowing you wer'nt away from home for an all day outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment