Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?

to take care of our environment?What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?This week's story of the big huge islands of trash floating in the Pacific is frightening of what it is doing to the environment. All those plastics floating and decaying in the water is not healthy for the wildlife there and may be poisoning a good percentage of our food supply. We didn't have that problem before China started bringing hundreds of ship loads of poorly-made junk each day did we? Personally I try to buy used things whenever possible, don't buy junk for holidays that is going to be used once and thrown out, and don't buy bottled water and drinks anymore (except for water when I am flying). I don't drive the wheels off my car either, try to take care of several errands on one trip. Those are just a few of the things I can think of right off the top of my head.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?
I believe the most serious environmental problem that we have today is the widespread use of agriculture chemicals all over the world. We are now importing food into this country like we have never done before. The countries that supply us with food do not have the stringent environmental laws that we have in the United States. Those countries also have many other advantages that the farms and ranches in this country do not have. Environmentalist are way off target and young people who look for a cause are easy recruits for many interest who have agendas detrimental to the economy of this country. When we, as a people, wise up and face the problems head on we will be on the road to recovery. I question if we will ever have the will to do what needs to be done.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?Fresh water supply.

There's to much diverting waterways to meet human needs while the environment suffers.

I know desalinization plants cost tons of money, but I think the future lies in sea water.

I try to limit my usage at home by getting more than one use from water.

After I take a bath, I leave the water in the tub %26amp; keep a large pitcher nearby.

Every time I use the toilet, I flush by pouring a pitcher of bath water down the toilet. The shower is used until the bath is nearly empty.

I can also water plants with that water b/c I use a biodegradable natural soap. All the ingredients can be eaten. It wouldn't taste good but if it's no harm to humans then it's not bad for the plants.

I also rotate which part of the lawn that I wash the car in to let the water soak up there since we don't water our lawn.

We've had a lot of water shortages this past year. So I'm trying to do my part.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?
ALARMISM!!!



In the 70s it was global cooling. If we kept driving our cars we would enter an ice-age but 1980.



In the 80s it was ozone depletion. If we didn't stop the Space Shuttle flights we would all die of skin cancer by 2000.



In the 00s it was global cooling. If we kept driving our cars we would be dead in no time.



Well, no ice age. Then, no human extinction from cancer. Then for the 10 years of global warming we saw the ACTUAL global temperature decline.



So, global cooling fell on its face (or other body part), global warming fell on its face, so now we have global climate change. Well guess what, global climates have been changing for eons.



When you hear about a problem, follow the money, it will lead you straight to the culprit and it won't be a thermometer. It will be some overweight ex-politician with a private jet and a home that gobbles more energy when it is empty than mine does when we are at home. Have you noticed that the only cure for these problems is to stop any progress in the western world and raise taxes 100 bazillion dollars on the only people on the planet that produce anything new???



Sorry if I sound pessimistic, I am not a pessimist, I am a cynic. Chicken Little with his his constant screaming, "The Sky is Falling" falls on deaf ears when it reaches me.



I have cut my energy consumption to save money. I have cut my waste to save money. I do a number of things but they are done to save money, not the planet.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?The most serious, is the immense amount of "hot air" and excessive production of "fertilizer" coming out of Washington, D.C. these days. I do many things personally to help take care of the environment,.........but the answer to this major problem, has me scratching my head.
Liberals and their "end of the world" B.S. The most dangerous thing to the U.S. environment is terrorism.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?
Too many politicians. They are everywhere and breeding without control.
Too many people. People cause all problems. Fewer people, fewer problems.What do you think is the most serious environmental problem facing us today. What do you, personally, do?
Misuse of energy is one of the worst faults of humans.

I try to conserve it at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment